I hope that you are enjoying these gems as a part of the Growing Into Grace series as much as I am! I love seeing life from so many different perspectives. There are so many things that we can learn from each other when we take the time to listen. Up next is the gorgeous Julie Thomas!
Julie is a natural hair and lifestyle blogger based in Philadelphia. Not only has her writing been featured on sites like Hair N Style in her Kinks & Convos column, she also publishes her own blog, juboolee.com. Her blog has a great balance of her personal natural hair journey as well as the lifestyle and culture that surrounds it. Encouraging women to embrace their natural beauty, I love her message!
Take a look at the 5 things Julie knows for sure!
Julie Thomas, Juboolee.com
1. God is Faithful. I truly can say that God is a faithful God. So many times he extended his grace and mercy towards me and showed up and shown out at the perfect time; especially when I didn’t deserve it. Like not at all! But his love is forever faithful and I am forever grateful.
2. God’s plan for your life is real. We may think we know the path we’re set to follow or have our own desires for life. Nah, God’s plan is THEE plan. I once prayed a prayer every day that said, “Lord, let YOUR WILL be done in my life.”, and he snatched away everything I wanted at that time and what I thought I needed.
3. At this moment, you’re exactly where you are to be. Often times, I would get frustrated on why I am not “here” or “there”. I’ve recently come to the realization that I am exactly where I need to be at this moment; and time is leading me to my destination through life’s lessons. I believe everything happens for a reason and you will eventually walk into your purpose.
4. You are your own roadblock. Most people say fear is what holds them back from pursuing their life-long dreams. I too am guilty of this. However, fear is an emotion that one can overcome. You alone are ultimately holding yourself back from flourishing. I am speaking to self and challenging myself to simply- be myself.
5. There is beauty in any and every thing. No matter what may be meant for bad or what could go wrong I tend to look at the beauty in everything. Life itself is the most beautiful gift, so if nothing else I look at the beauty of being able to breathe fresh life that day