We're rounding out the week in the Growing into Grace series and I can't believe this month is going so fast!
It's really crazy how time flies. But I hope that you have really been sinking into the wisdom of all these great women that took the time to share some of their most valuable life lessons. I believe that in our transparency, we help each other grow. It's so important to me to make sure to continue to provide a platform where we can say, "me too!"
Well, I figured I would jump in here and share some of the 5 Things that I know for sure if that's okay with you? It's funny how much it actually changes depending on the day. And how much I just continue to learn about life the older that I get. So without too much further a do. Check out the 5 Things I Know for Sure.
Photo: Shanina Dionna
1. The love of God will change your life. I know because it changed mine. Getting the revelation of how much God loved me, even when I treated him like a side chick, blew my mind. It made me want to get to know him better. It made me want to spend more time with him. It made me want to be a better person so that my life could be more pleasing in his site.
2. I deserve to give myself grace. Every morning in my confessions I say, "Lord, please help me to extend people the same grace that you extend to me. And Lord, please help me to extend myself the same grace you extend to me." Sometimes we're hard on other people, but man, sometimes we are EXTREMELY hard on ourselves. *raises hand.* I am tired of beating myself up and holding myself to unachievable standards. I am human, I am flawed, and I forgive myself anyway.
3. Impact is most important. We are simply not placed on this Earth so that we can accumulate all the accolades and drive a fancy car and buy a big house. There is SOOOO much more to life than that. And sure, those are great things to have happen in your life. But what really matters is how your life has affected others. Stop chasing coins and start chasing impact. And funny enough when you are impactful and valuable, the money will come.
4. We must enjoy each moment. I am still trying to get this one down myself. But more and more I see the importance of this. We can not keep hoping and wishing our lives away by only looking toward the future. Yes, planning is necessary, but we cannot plan so much that we don't drink in a sunset, or laugh full belly loves, or kiss our partners like we may never see them again. Those small moments, they matter. We have to really learn to enjoy the journey. Getting to the end just means there's nothing left and death is probably approaching.
5. Love matters. We live in this weird time where I see so many people chasing senseless things instead of being loving people. I know that marriage may not be for everyone, but in the Bible, if you aren't married, it talks about being dedicated to the Lord. And that's surely not what most of us are trying to do. So I just want to say that love still matters and it's okay in pursuit of all your career goals to also pursue finding a life long partner. Loving someone, is one of the greatest human experiences and I think so much in this world has cheapened it and made us think we don't need it. We do. It's sacrifice and giving, but it's also one of the deepest connections you cannot replicate.